Over the past year, a significant number of organizations across Canada have realized that they can successfully do business without scheduling physical face-to-face meetings in an office. Whether it is running a client meeting or allowing your employees to work from home, businesses can now efficiently, and effectively, operate remotely thanks to the internet and the software providers that call it home.
In fact, working remotely has a number of benefits for your business. Just take a look at this research that was sourced from leading research institutions for a Forbes article published earlier this year:
- Productivity - Teleworkers are an average of 35-40 percent more productive than their office counterparts, and have measured an output increase of at least 4.4 percent.
- Performance - With stronger autonomy via location independence, workers produce results with 40 percent fewer quality defects.
- Engagement - Higher productivity and performance combine to create stronger engagement, or in other words, 41 percent lower absenteeism.
- Retention - 54 percent of employees say they would change jobs for one that offered them more flexibility, which results in an average of 12 percent turnover reduction after a remote work agreement is offered.
- Profitability - Organizations save an average of $11,000 per year per part-time telecommuter, or 21 percent higher profitability.
These benefits have been driven largely by innovations in technology that have allowed employees to connect with each other (and clients) through the internet, no matter where they are located in the world .
Remote conferencing and meeting services allow colleagues and clients to hold virtual meetings with one another from wherever and whenever they want, and Zoom is one of the most popular services available.
Looking for tips and advice on how to use Zoom? Check out our blog ‘How to Use Zoom Like a Pro: 7 Hidden Features and Advanced Tips to Improve Your Video Conferences’.
Zoom has taken this service one step further, with its Zoom Room service that transforms how the employees in your office connect with those outside of it. Zoom Room turns simple online virtual meetings into a complete audio visual (AV) collaboration solution for your company.
What is a Zoom Room?
Before we dive into Zoom Rooms, let’s first take a quick look at Zoom Meetings. Zoom Meetings is Zoom’s core product, which offers free-to-join virtual meetings for those who have the Zoom video conferencing software installed on their computer or mobile device.
Zoom Rooms, on the other hand, provides additional features, integrations and compatible hardware solutions that are designed specifically to meet the needs of your professional meeting environment, whether it’s a huddle room, conference room or training room.
Zoom Rooms allows you to transform your professional meeting environments into fully-fledged video conferencing rooms. All of your visual and audio equipment will be integrated with the Zoom platform, meaning everything in the room is synchronized to work together for a seamless virtual conferencing experience.
With Zoom Rooms, you’ll be able to start meetings, share screens, send calendar invites and much more with one click of a button.
What does your organization need to set up a Zoom Room?
Zoom Rooms are slightly more complex than Zoom Meetings to set up. That’s because their purpose is to ensure that your organization can create complete virtual conferencing rooms in your office space.
To turn your existing meeting spaces into a fully-functional Zoom Room, you will need:
- A conference room camera.
- Conference room speakers.
- A microphone.
- A computer to run your virtual meetings.
- A big screen display, any HDMI-supported TV will work good.
- A touch controller, such as an iPad, for ease of use.
Are you interested in creating a Zoom Room in your company’s office space, or have any further questions about how audio visual solutions can improve the productivity and efficiency of your meeting rooms? Contact Genesis Integration today. Our team of AV experts would love to help.